Where there are people, there are jobs. In anticipation of Labor Day, find out which are the most popular jobs in different countries.
Labor Day Around the World
Essentially every country except for the US and Canada celebrates Labor Day or Worker’s Day on May 1st, and people tend to have similar traditions of taking the day off work and perhaps partaking in a protest or two. Thus, in honor of Labor Day, instead of exploring Labor Day in different countries, here are some facts about jobs in various countries around the world.
- In the United States, the most common job is retail salesperson.
- In South Korea, a fifth of young people dream of becoming a K-pop star; it is common for individuals and their families to devote a great amount of time and resources to get a shot at becoming one.
- One of the most common jobs that people apply for and prepare for in the UK is software developer.
- One of the most common jobs in South Africa is a plumber! As for white collar jobs, accounting is also very popular.
- The least in-demand jobs in Chile are journalists, psychologists, and architects.
- In Australia, the most common part-time job is retail salesperson, and the most common full-time job is technician and tradesperson in the construction industry.
- According to analysis from Google’s keyword tool, the most searched for job in Kenya is United Nations worker. However, most people don’t seem to care whether that job is a UN peacekeeper, a development expert, or secretary.
- The most common job sector in China is the manufacturing industry; the service industry is almost as popular.
- In India, IT is the most popular job sector, as businesses increasingly outsource their needs to the country. In addition, some of the fastest growing jobs are in the field of research.
If you are looking to relocate and find a job in a foreign country, it might be worth keeping these popular ones in mind!
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation services, international development translation services, education translation services, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections Inc.
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135