Our Medical ESL program includes specialized vocabulary used by healthcare professionals, and communication techniques required to work effectively with patients and coworkers. Our curriculum was specifically developed for doctors, nurses, scientists, physical therapists, and other medical and healthcare professionals who seek to perfect and polish their professional English language skills. This course will allow healthcare professionals to learn and practice up-to-date vocabulary with their coworkers and real-world healthcare clients.
5 Areas of Language Competency
Practice-based Approach to Medical English for ESL Healthcare Professionals
Our Medical English for Healthcare Professionals course uses a variety of interactive learning techniques to develop students’ mastery of medical English and their ability to use and understand it in a healthcare-based workplace.
Course activities include (but are not limited to):
The program offers a logical, simple system for learning medical English vocabulary primarily by building terms from word parts.
The course introduces medical terminology and its essential suffixes and prefixes; it then guides students logically through each key body system, with an outside-in perspective, and from simple systems to complex ones.
The Course Covers the Following Subjects:
Introduction to American Healthcare and Cultural Concepts of Health and Wellness
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Respiratory System
- The Gastrointestinal System
- The Neurological System
- Wounds and Viral and Bacterial Infections
- Pharmacology and Medication Administration
Additional Subjects May Include (But Are Not Limited to):
- Medical English and Barriers of Communication
- The US Health Care System
- Clinical Decision Making
- The Influence of Culture in Health Care
- Important Professional Skills and Professionals Growth
- External and Internal Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Male Urinary System
- Eye and ENT (ear, nose, throat)
- Endocrine System
- Oncology, radiology/nuclear medicine
- Mental health