How To Properly Translate Drug Packaging And Labeling
- Translating drug packaging means more than just word-for-word translation. It also requires considering local culture and regulations.
- All slogans, images, colors, and product names featured on packaging need to be adjusted to your target markets’ cultural preferences In order to achieve international success.
- Therefore, working with a professional translator with knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is a must.
- Here’s how professional language service providers can help your organization translate drug packaging and labeling:
- 1. Translators understand labeling regulations
- Each country or region has their own packaging regulations. In Europe, for instance, there’s a minimum font size that needs to be used on all product labels.
- Additionally, in regions such as the E.U., packaging information needs to be translated into more than one language, including Austrian, French, and Bulgarian.
- 2. Professional translators help create marketing localization strategies
- To sell your product internationally, it’s important to know what content works best in different locations.
- In Japan, for instance, the image of a stork delivering babies is unfamiliar to most people, which is why Pampers failed to succeed with their products after using this image on their packaging.
- Professional localization providers are familiar with such differences and will make sure your company’s message is relayed to your audience in a culturally-appropriate way.
- 3. Professional translators understand the limits of machine translation (MT)
- Accuracy in translating drug packaging is very important.
- MT won’t be as skilled as a human translator and can produce inaccurate translations, which can lead to legal liabilities for your organization.
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation, international development translation, education translation, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections Inc.
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135