Corporate English Language Training Program for Companies
Many foreign-born professionals worry about their mistakes and allow their insecurities to prevent them from participating in meetings fully. Such insecurities are very common and normal.
Our Business English for Meetings Course presents some strategies for overcoming language barriers to communication. increasing students’ confidence and ability to participate actively in meetings in English.
- Meetings Vocabulary. Learn the words you’ll need when attending or holding meetings in English
- Preparing for a Meeting. Calling a meeting, writing an agenda, allocating roles
- Opening a Meeting. Small talk, welcome, roll call/apologies, objectives
- Expressing an opinion. Opinions from the participants in a meeting are extremely important, for sometimes they may point out something that a presenter misses or present a whole new idea. Students will learn some phrases to use in order to express their opinion about what has been said in a meeting.
- Presenting an Argument, Agreeing and Disagreeing. This skill is especially important in a meeting because participants have to express their views about an issue. Students will learn phrases to use with agreement and disagreement.
- Following the Agenda. Sticking to the topic
- Closing a Meeting. Wrapping it all up
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use key English phrases and expressions related to meetings
- Set goals and time limits for the meeting
- Run business meetings smoothly
- Express their opinion and present arguments in discussions clearly
- Understand the key components of an effective meeting
- Keep to an agenda, and know how to refocus
- Hold or attend a meeting with success.
- Actively participate in meetings and make them more productive
Language Connections offers group and private classes with content tailored to the needs of your company.
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation services, international development translation services, education translation services, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections Inc.
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135