5 Key Social Media Translation Tips
For Your Brand
Social media is one of the best ways to connect brands and consumers worldwide. But if your content is only in English, you’re leaving a lot on the table—and letting local competitors get the advantage. When attracting new regional audiences, you don’t always need to start with fresh content.
Here are five key tips for social media translation:
- 1. Know your audience and what they want
- If you don’t understand your audience, their values or their pain points, your content won’t connect with them.
- 2. Evaluate your content before the translation process
- Decide what content is really important and then consult trusted sources who will understand what content works there. Not all content can be localized and translated effectively. Just as what works for one platform doesn’t always work for another, what works for one region or language won’t always transfer either.
- 3. Hire a global social media manager
- Prioritizing top-tier social media content can’t be an afterthought. That’s why many international companies hire global social media managers who can execute the long-term and daily social media functions
- 4. Know when and how to use machine translators
- Machine translations are efficient and cost-effective, and marketers are increasingly ramping up their usage of them.
- 5. Rely on local experts, translators and editors
- No one understands the linguistic nuances and emotion of a language like a native speaker. Most marketers prefer to work with either third-party media translation services, freelance linguists or in-house native speakers because they can intuitively adjust content to convey the right message.
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation services, international development translation services, education translation services, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections Inc.
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135