When travelling, especially in areas that are popular for English-speaking tourists, you may find lots of signs that are intended to make communication easier for English-speaking tourists. However, the quality of translations can sometimes be far from perfect. Without the use of certified business translation services, crucial mistakes can easily be overlooked. Here are some of the times when skipping proper business translation services has proven to be hilarious!
20 Hilarious Errors that Could Have Been Avoided With The Use of Business Translation Services
- In a Tokyo Hotel: Is forbidden to steal hotel towels please. If you are not a person to do such thing is please not to read notice.
- In a Bucharest hotel lobby: The lift is being fixed for the next day. During that time we regret that you will be unbearable.
- In a Leipzig elevator: Do not enter the lift backwards, and only when lit up.
- In a Belgrade hotel elevator: To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor. If the cabin should enter more persons, each one should press a number of wishing floor. Driving is then going alphabetically by national order.
- In a Paris hotel elevator: Please leave your values at the front desk.
- In a hotel in Athens: Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. daily.
- In a Yugoslavian hotel: The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid.
- In a Japanese hotel: You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid.
- In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from a Russian Orthodox monastery: You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except Thursdays.
- On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: Our wines leave you nothing to hope for.
- In a Bangkok dry cleaner’s: Drop your trousers here for best results.
- In a Rhodes tailor shop: Order your summers suit. Because is big rush we will execute customers in strict rotation.
- In a Zurich hotel: Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose.
- In a Rome laundry: Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time.
- In a Czechoslovakian tourist agency: Take one of our horse-driven city tours – we guarantee no miscarriages.
- Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand: Would you like to ride on your own ass?
- In a Bangkok temple: It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man.
- In a Copenhagen airline ticket office: We take your bags and send them in all directions.
- In a Budapest zoo: Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty.
- In the office of a Rome doctor: Specialist in women and other diseases.
These hilarious mistakes are a cautionary tale for hotels and other tourist business to not look over proper business translation services! It will save them from appearing on another one of such lists in the future!
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation services, international development translation services, education translation services, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections LLC
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135