Language Connections has spent nearly 3 decades serving clients who work with or are deaf and hard of hearing themselves. Our interpreting and translation teams have a deep comprehension of the needs of this community, as well as the businesses and organizations that must to communicate with them. Over the years we have become trusted partners to various organizations and businesses who need a deaf interpreter, video subtitling services and closed captioning, and much more.
Our Team Offers:
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting
- Signing Exact English (SEE) interpreting
- Pidgin Signed English (PSE) interpreting
- Cued Speech
- Deaf/Blind Fingerspelling
- Audio and Video Speech to Text Transcription
- Video Subtitling Services and Closed Captioning
Ready When You Need Us
Our services are top notch, whether you need a deaf interpreter for your court date, lecture, etc. But we don't stop there. We're ready to meet all of your urgent requirements. We respond to inquiries for deaf interpreters within an hour, if not faster. We have a deep, global network of sign language interpreters at the ready. Have a sudden need for a sign language interpreter? Don’t stress! Call Language Connections and we’ll schedule one for you immediately.
The ADA and Your Business
Providing necessary communication facilitators for deaf individuals is a standard regulatory requirement in the United States. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 requires interpretation services for the deaf and hard of hearing in the medical settings (like hospitals, doctors' offices, etc.) legal settings (including courtrooms, lawyers' offices, etc.), as well as in places of employment and in interactions with law enforcement. Even when it's not required by the law, deaf interpreter services are still a worthwhile investment; it can better connect communities with diverse needs. We can offer you an expert, on-site ASL interpreter on-demand. We also provide a full range of ASL interpretation services in a variety of settings, including but not limited to:
Our Certified Deaf Interpreter Services:
- Are certified by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and the National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a certified ASL interpreter.
- Have a relevant background—whether it be medical, legal, life sciences, academia, business, and more. Our interpreters don’t just understand ASL; they also understand the context for your business or event!
- Respect your privacy. We believe that confidentiality and discretion are key to any engagement.
- Are adept in a variety of ASL communication styles
What it takes to be an ASL interpreter
- A committed individual to not only achieve certification but to also maintain and grow the skills needed
- Physical stamina, endurance and the ability to emotionally handle an assignment and adhere to confidentiality
- A great knowledge of the English language and the ability to speak clearly, be audibly heard and to portray the feelings and emotion of the speaker, whether voice or sign interpreting
- An understanding that interpreting is a complex process that requires linguistic, cognitive and technical skills
About Language Connections:
Language Connections is one of the top language service companies in the US. Over the last 30 years, we’ve focused on providing the best business translation services, interpreting services, as well as interpreter training and customized language training programs. In addition to top-tier corporate language training, we offer certified corporate interpreters and professional business translation services in 200+ languages. Our network includes linguists with backgrounds in all major industries. They’re ready to meet your needs, whether they’re for technical translation services, legal translation, government translation services, international development translation services, education translation services, life sciences translation, or something else. Reach out to us today for a free quote on our cost-efficient and timely translation services, interpreters, or other linguistic services.
Language Connections Inc.
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105,
Boston, MA 02135